I thought I'd start an inventory of the major gear decisions we've made. I'll update this post as we progress.
This outing is a novel adventure for us, as we've never taken a canoe trip together. I canoed a lot as a kid (summer camp and on Lake Michigan (where I lived), and a week in the Quetico wilderness), but not since then. For hiking we have our gear finely optimized to our preferences. But for this trip we're starting from scratch and making decisions based on research and "it's time to decide, so choose" kind of attitude. It's not our standard operating procedure, but we're enjoying the thrill of preparing for something completely different. This is a long way of saying that an experienced canoe/kayak traveller would undoubtedly make more informed decisions, but we figure that all will work out in the end, and we don't have time to do more research or experimentation.
No comments:
Post a Comment