We went into the crossroad community of Jefferson this morning to get our resupply package. Drank tea and ate donuts. A cranky old white man came in for his morning coffee. He told us we needed to carry a gun because there are Mountain Lions in Colorado. I told him that I'm more afraid of men than lions. Especially drunk men. And extra especially drunk men with guns. He was having none of it. After we left Jim said that he thought of mentioning that more Americans will be killed today by guns than have been killed by mountain lions in the last 300 years. But the man had a Trump cap on, and that was enough evidence that he does not make rational decisions that Jim chose to keep quiet. That man is the first I have ever met that to my knowledge is a Trump supporter. I live in a bubble. A really nice bubble.
Jim read the summary of the TV show South Park last night, since we were in the area. The racist kid on the show sounded like Donald Trump.
Trail was easygoing, weather great, scenery good but not yet great. We are now walking the same route as the Continental Divide Trail, so maybe we will cross paths with some NOBO CDT hikers. We are happy and healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment