Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Apr 18 - adolescent hanky panky

Yesterday I listed the usual assortment of things in the landscape. I forgot solar farms. Lots of them. From 40 panels up to 1500 panels. Sometimes just one rice paddy or one tea field has been replaced with panels.

I also forgot to mention the daily activity of sponge bath, washing clothes, and shampooing hair at isolated cold water spigots. The sinks in restaurants and stores are in shared public spaces, so we can't do it there. But most temples and shrines have spigots and almost all are isolated and nobody is around. 

Similar mix of landscape today as yesterday. We met one man who spoke English well. He owns a hog farm. He spent two years near Rockford IL at an agriculture technical program learning how to run a hog farm :)

We are camped at a small children's playground between the temple and the shrine. When we arrived there was an adolescent couple flirting. We left for 30 minutes and when we returned they were gone. 10 minutes later I approached the women's bathroom and the boy emerged, head down. Then the girl emerged. It was awkward for everybody.

We're happy and healthy and loving the weather forecast. Things are going well except for an attack by leeches on the wet trail this morning. 



No comments: