Thursday, October 3, 2024

Oct 3 - a perfect diner

Great weather. Misty morning and seventy'ish afternoon. Easy rail trail all day. Camped at mile 38.7 in the hiker/biker section of Cedar Creek Park. Pleated woodpeckers.

Lunch at The Coffee Stop in Sutersville. Right out of the 1940s. We joined the four regulars. The seated old man, born 1934 right here in Sutersville. His wife, married in 1959, is not from here — "oh no, not from here, I grew up six miles away; I moved here when I got married". It's just not like it used to be, back when there were two movie theaters and a downtown with shops.

The shop owner's tiny dog stays in a large decorated fish tank behind the counter, with a pathetic looking stuffed bear and a dozen small stuffies. He was a rescue dog, very skittish, but he relaxes in the safety of the fish tank. Definitely a first for us.

We are happy and healthy and enjoying a very relaxing easy walk.

No comments: