Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April 15 - thinking of Ned and Albe

Today is my parents' 70th wedding anniversary. Married the day FDR was buried. Albe died in 2012, and I lost my dad just ten weeks ago. They would have loved this trip. I have great memories of an April camping trip at a USFS campground in TN back around 1970. On a river much like our campsite tonight on the Hiwassee River.

This is our first really nice campsite. We ate dinner on a gravel bar on the river, but while eating dessert the TVA released a bunch of water that drowned our bar, so we had to high tail it across the shallow channel in retreat. Too bad.

All clouds and lots of light to moderate rain today.

Picked up a load of food at the Webb Brothers store in Reliance, and we're ready for the next leg.

All is well.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.192498,-84.473272(I+Am+Here+Wednesday+April+15+2015+06:35+PM)&iwloc=A&z=11

No comments: