We had a stellar day walking today with more great weather. We were lucky this morning because the low tide allowed us to stay on the beach (hard-packed sand) instead of climbing up into the bluffs to avoid the rocky headlands and It made for very relaxing and easy morning.
For the second half of the day we were on boardwalks and levees through the estuary and marshes of the Rio Formosa. Lots of good birds, including flamingos! They were still mostly white (their pink plumage color comes from diet) but still they were Flaming-O's!
We had brunch in our final coastal town, yet another one whose name I don't remember. Lots of condo construction in this town too. The towns on the west coast were completely different from the towns on the south coast. I (Amy) preferred the ambience of the west coast. The south coast was extremely scenic, but I am not sad that we are turning inland now.
We are happy and healthy and camped in a scrappy plantation of small eucalyptus trees, a very functional campsite with good protection from the wind and a fine frog chorus.
No comments:
Post a Comment